Choice of accommodations (based upon space availability):
$1,615 for an oceanview superior room
$1,645 for an oceanview one-bedroom suite
$1,739 for an oceanfront deluxe room
NOTE: the above rates are per person, based upon double occupancy
Extra night rates (which are available both before and after the tournament dates), inclusive of breakfast & dinner daily, the resort’s nightly service charge and the Bermuda government’s daily occupancy tax, are as follows:
superior room: $402/night/couple
one-bedroom suite: $414/night/couple
deluxe room: $450/night/couple
TOURNAMENT PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- six night stay at the Pompano Beach Club in an oceanview room
- full breakfast & five-course dinner daily at the Pompano Beach Club
- 11 3/4% Bermuda government occupancy tax
- 10% nightly resort service charge
- one round of golf (green fee & golf cart included) at Tucker’s Point Golf Club
- one round of golf (green fee & golf cart included) at Belmont Hills Golf Club
- two rounds of golf (green fee & golf cart included) at Port Royal Golf Course
- opening night Rum Swizzle party at the Pompano Beach Club, with complimentary drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- final night cocktail party and prize ceremony at the Pompano Beach Club, with complimentary drinks & hors d’oeuvres
- transfers to/from all golf courses for all tournament rounds
Accommodations are subject to space availability. Participants must stay at the Pompano Beach Club in order to play in the tournament. Call the resort’s Boston area sales office toll-free (from the U.S. and Canada) at 1-800-343-4155 to reserve accommodations. A $740 per couple advance deposit is required to reserve accommodations and a place in the tournament. Deposits are payable by credit card or check (made payable to the “Pompano Beach Club”). The resort accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
Entry forms (which can be found inside the tournament brochure) should be faxed (508-358-7711) or mailed to the resort’s Boston area sales office, c/o Bermuda Hotel Representatives, 231 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778 (telephone: 1-800-343-4155 or 508-358-7737). Advance deposits are non-refundable if a cancellation is received within twenty-one days of the scheduled arrival date.
The Pompano Beach Club will be hosting its 20th Annual Couples Golf Tournament from April 2 – 8, 2017. Tournament slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.TOURNAMENT FORMAT:
- participants maximum handicap: ladies 36, gentlemen 24 (team handicap will be half of the two combined handicaps). Proof of handicap index is required upon registration. Handicaps will be used in all four tournament rounds.
- each team will consist of one lady and one gentleman
- rules of the Royal and Ancient Club of St. Andrews and the United States Golf Association will apply.
- - the event consists of four individual tournament rounds, with golf to take place at three of Bermuda’s top courses – Port Royal, Tucker’s Point and Belmont Hills.
- tournament round formats:
- the tournament’s first round will be a two-person scramble format.
- the tournament’s second round will be a modified best ball format.
- the tournament’s third round will be a modified best ball format.
- the tournament’s final round will be a modified best ball format.
- prizes will be awarded to the overall winners in the low gross and low net divisions and to the low net winners of each individual tournament round.
- longest drive and closest to the pin contests for both men and women will be held on each of the tournament days.
- in the event of a tie for first place overall, USGA tie-breaker rules will determine the winner.
- The tournament’s first round (to be played at Port Royal Golf Course) will be a two-person scramble format. Both players will hit drives from their respective tees. They will choose the better of their two drives and hit their next shots from that particular lie (continuing the same procedure until their balls are holed). Only one score per hole is recorded. The team with the lowest net total score after eighteen holes will be declared the winner of this particular tournament round. Low handicap: 35% and high handicap: 15% - team will receive 50% of their combined handicap.
- The tournament’s second round (to be played at Tucker’s Point Golf Course) will be a modified best ball format. Both players will hit drives from their respective tees and will choose the better of their two drives to hit their next shots from. They will then play their own shots all the way through. Each couple must use the lady’s drive on at least two holes on each nine. Also, each player will play their own ball from drive to finish on each of the par threes. Their team score for each hole will be the lower of their two scores on that particular hole. The team with the lowest net total score after eighteen holes will be declared the winner of this particular round. Men receive 90% and women receive 95% of their adjusted handicaps. If a difference of more than eight shots occurs between the two players after the adjustment, an additional 10% will be deducted.
- The tournament’s third round (to be played at Belmont Hills Golf Course) will be a modified best ball format (see format description listed above).
- The tournament’s final round (to be played at Port Royal Golf Course) will be a modified best ball format (see format description listed above).
Sunday April 2nd
Monday April 3rd
Tuesday April 4th
Wednesday April 5th
Thursday April 6th
Friday April 7th