Choice of accommodations (based upon space availability):
$2,026 per amateur for an oceanview superior room
$2,074 per amateur for an oceanview one-bedroom suite
$2,220 per amateur for an oceanfront deluxe room
NOTE: All team members must choose the same type of accommodation. Tournament package rates are based on two ladies per room.
TOURNAMENT PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- six night stay at the Pompano Beach Club in an ocean view room
- full breakfast & five-course dinner daily at the Pompano Beach Club
- 11 ¾% Bermuda government occupancy tax
- the resort’s nightly service charge
- four rounds of golf (green fee & golf cart included) at Port Royal Golf Course
- opening night cocktail party at the Pompano Beach Club
- Monday night Manager’s Rum Swizzle Party at the Pompano Beach Club
- final night cocktail party and prize ceremony at the Pompano Beach Club
NOTE: transportation to/from the Port Royal Golf Course is provided on a complimentary basis via the resort’s shuttle van.
Accommodations are subject to space availability. Participants must stay at the Pompano Beach Club in order to play in the tournament. An $1800 per team advance deposit is required to reserve accommodations and a place in the tournament. Deposits are payable by credit card or check (made payable to the “Pompano Beach Club”). The resort accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
The balance of the tournament package is payable upon departure from the resort.
Call the resort’s sales office at 1-800-343-4155 to enter your team and set up your room reservation(s). To reserve a spot for your team, the following information will need to be provided: the names of the three amateurs, pro’s name, team name, mailing addresses, email addresses, contact phone numbers, handicap indexes and the arrival & departure dates of each participant. The resort will also need to know which teammates will be sharing a room together. If sending a check, it should be mailed to: Bermuda Hotel Reps, 231 Boston Post Road, Wayland, MA 01778. Deposits are non-refundable if cancellations are received after February 6, 2017.
Please contact either of the two tournament directors, Joy Bonhurst (tel: 301-928-7589, email: email@example.com) or Bailey Johnson Scheurer (tel: 301-928-7590, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need help in creating a team. Please remember to bring a valid passport with you in order to exit/enter the United States and Bermuda.
20th ANNUAL LADIES PRO-AM GOLF CLASSIC
The Pompano Beach Club will be hosting its 20th Annual Ladies Pro-Am Golf Classic from March 10th – 16th, 2017. The event will be limited to a maximum of eighteen teams consisting of one lady golf professional and three lady amateurs.
Tournament slots will be filled on a first come – first serve basis. All tournament golf rounds will be played at the Robert Trent Jones designed Port Royal Golf Course – located adjacent to the resort. The tournament promises to be a challenging golf experience as well as an enjoyable Bermuda vacation.
Port Royal has been ranked among the top public golf courses in the world and was the host course for the PGA Tour’s prestigious Grand Slam event from 2009 thru 2014. The course offers spectacular ocean views on thirteen of its eighteen holes, including every hole on the back nine!
Joy Bonhurst, Teaching Pro at Club Golf in Gaithersburg, MD and Bailey Johnson Scheurer, from the Chevy Chase Club, in Chevy Chase, MD are your tournament directors and hosts. They can assist you if you need help in putting together a team.
- participants maximum handicap: 36 (100% handicap) – handicap index as of the 1st of February is required.
- each team should consist of one lady golf professional and three lady amateurs (if you are interested, but do not have a full team, please contact the tournament committee reps who can help by providing a lady professional or amateurs).
- rules of the United States Golf Association will apply.
- the event consists of 72 holes of golf, featuring a 54 hole pro-am tournament, an 18 hole amateur best ball fun day competition and an 18 hole professional championship (lady pros will compete for prize money).
- prizes will be awarded in the gross and net divisions.
- longest drive and closest to the pin contests will be held on each of the tournament days.
- on the “free day”, tournament participants may play any of the island’s courses at their own expense.
|Friday March 10th||
- tournament registration (team net skins sign up, $100 per
team optional) at the Pompano Beach Club
|Saturday March 11th||- tournament first round play at Port Royal Golf Course (two best balls of the foursome format – net & gross); morning tee times|
|Sunday March 12th||- tournament second round play at Port Royal Golf Course (two best balls of the foursome format – net & gross); 12:30pm shotgun start|
|Monday March 13th|
- free day
|Tuesday March 14th||
- amateur best ball fun day competition (net & gross) and professional championship at Port Royal Golf Course (lady pros compete against each other for prize money); 12:30pm shotgun start
|Wednesday March 15th||
- tournament final round play at Port Royal Golf Course
(two best balls of the foursome format); morning tee